Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mentorship Skype Chat

Yesterday was the first time I connected with Kelli Holden and her grade four class at Millgrove Early Years in Spruce Grove, Alberta! It just so happened that our first meeting was on Digital Learning Day! Awesome!


Kelli didn't tell the students where I am from, so we started our Skype chat by having them guess where I am from! They came up with Yes or No questions to ask me so that they could discover my location! It was so fun! They guessed where I live in four questions I believe it was! They had so many great, thoughtful questions! 

"Does your province border an ocean?""Does your province border two other provinces?""Are you in the same time zone as us?""Is your provincial flower the Western Red Lily?"

Like I said, GREAT questions! I introduced myself and let them know the qualities that I have and why I wanted to become a teacher! Then they showed me all the technology they have and use in their classroom! 

I really enjoyed Skyping with the class. I have been looking through and commenting on many of their blogs! I cannot wait to connect again!

No comments:

Post a Comment