Monday, January 21, 2013

Why I like Google Forms

After using Google Forms to create a survey and collect responses, I have found this tool to be very useful. I am thought of many ways that I would be able to successfully use it in the classroom. 

Why I like it
-Free
-Easy to use
-Quick results
-No need to 'Log In'
-It can be anonymous
-You can ask varrying questions in different formats (multiple choice, text, scale, etc..)
-Results are collected into an easy to follow spreadsheet
-Results are automatically transferred into results
-You can embed the survey or send it through email

How would I use this in the classroom
There are SO many different ways that Google Forms can be used in the classroom. Here are some that I think I would find useful and would be able to use.

-Pose questions to parents on classroom blog or school websites. It could be to get feedback on an event like Open House. This is a quick and simple way to ask parents what they liked, what would they change for next year, etc.. or you could have parents fill out information on your classroom blog as to if they would like to be a parent volunteer, what days, etc..

-Collecting data anonymously during staff meetings.

-Exit Slips. Before leaving class, students can fill out what they have learned or respond to a posed question.

-Letting students make decisions for example, which book would they like to read for a novel study, or where would they be interested in going on a field trip, etc.

-Answering questions. No need for paper and pencil, students can type their responses to question through a Google Form!

-Getting to know students or what they did over Christmas break.

-Peer assessments.

The list goes on and on. I can for sure see myself using Google Forms in my future classroom. Its a great way to collaborate, gather information, and assess students. I am amazing at how many different ways you can actually use this wonderful tool! I can see myself using it, even with young students!  

Check out more super awesome ways to use Google Forms in the classroom:
85 Interesting Ways to use Google Forms in the Classroom 
80+ Google Forms for the Classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment