Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tech Task #7 - IFTTT Recipes

Tech Task #7 required us to set up an account and make recipes on IFTTT. IFTTT stands for "IF THIS THAN THAT" which allows you to create "recipes" or connections in a statement that will trigger your "ingredients" or channels/social media spaces. You can make your own recipes any way you choose! I've gotta say, this is probably one of the coolest and easiest ways to stay connected!

Here are two recipes I have already created. 

If BLOGGER then TWITTER: 
This is a recipe I linked to both my blogger account and twitter account. What this recipe will do is it will tweet a message that I specified to include that I made a new blog post, the name of the post, labels from the post, and a link to the post. We will test this out after I post this post! I love this because I usually always forget to tweet out my new blog posts. This requires NO thinking or remembering on my part, IFTTT does it all for me! 


If INSTAGRAM then TWITTER:
Here is another recipe I created and linked to both my Instagram and Twitter accounts. Just like the one above, this recipe will tweet my new Instagram posts when I post pictures. I enjoy using Instagram but I rarely tweet out my images, mainly because I forget (I'm a forgetful person!). This will tweet out the caption and hashtags of of my post along with a link to the picture! This is so exciting, I will have to post a new Instagram to give this a go!


I will more than likely be creating more IFTTT recipes because I feel that they are just so handy! I like that you can specify and customize the actions and ingredients to make the recipe work for YOU!

If you haven't already, give it a go

1 comment: