Monday, March 18, 2013

Tech Task #8 - Blogging from Mobile Device

Hi everyone! I feel like I've been away from my blog for a while. I have to admit, the past few weeks have been tremendously busy! I can finally feel the end of the semester..but not the end of winter.

I am really hating the amount of snow that is still here. Last year at this time, it had all been melted. I watched a video last night of my friend ditch boarding (wakeboarding in waterfilled ditches) on St. Patricks Day last year. It's starting to get really sad because I cannot yet see the end of winter soon.

I am excited because next year, I will not see snow once! (Hopefully!) I found out last night that I have been offered a position to teach in Australia for a year. I've accepted the offer and I'm really quite anxious! Everything will happen pretty quick as I leave in July, so the next four months will be spent working as many shifts as I can, getting a VISA, an Australia Teaching License and a bunch of other paperwork and planning. I'm very excited and grateful that I have been given this fabulous opportunity.

This was a post from my phone using the Blogger app for iPhones!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's awesome. Glad to see you tackling an adventure and new experience. I have lots of Australian colleagues so let me know where you'll be and I'll connect you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! All the best as you embark on this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome Kaitlyn, congrats!!! Travelling and Teaching the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same Kaitlyn. This time last year, my friends and I were also ditch knee boarding with a truck, rope and of course a knee board. I can't believe how much snow we have left. I have a feeling that we are going to have a very short summer this year. Congratulations on getting the job in Australia, that is going to be an amazing experience and you are going to have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the congrats, it is for sure very exciting for me! I will be in Melbourne all though that is all the specifics I know about right now.

    ReplyDelete