Monday, September 1, 2014

RED CENTRE TO REEF

I just wanted to quickly share a video that I made about a week ago. It was a bit delayed, but it brings together some of my highlights of July when I was travelling around Australia one last time. There are times in my daily life recently, where a memory from Australia floods my entire brain and senses and I have to take a moment to smile and remember how I felt in those moments.

Some of the greatest moments I had on this trip took place in the Outback. Who knew how stunning and magnificent heaps of rusty rocks could be!? Uluru was wonderful and it was a time where I really got to feel how small I am in comparison to the world. The Olgas had me experiencing a breathtaking hike through the curves and valleys of sacred stones. Kings Canyon had to be my favourite though. It was spectacular. One memory that often floods my mind is the moment I stood on the edge of a cliff at Kings Canyon at half six in the morning after hiking up through the darkness. I stood there watching as the sun rose over the beautifully rustic, red rocks. It's just one of those moments that are hard to explain, but I will never forget it. In moments like those, I remember the feeling of being so ALIVE and so extremely grateful to have such experiences. 


So here it is, a bit of a summary of my last Australian experience. I can't wait to go back one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment