Saturday, December 7, 2013

It's Christmas Time!

Although a bit of Christmas lives inside of me year round, it is now officially the holiday season, my favourite time of the year! This Christmas is defiantly going to be different for me as there is no need for cozy sweaters, warming up near the fireplace or family time. It is quite strange to think of summer and Christmas together, but that is how it is here in Australia! Rather than shopping with a Christmas Latte in hand, I am walking to the beach in the hot hot heat with an iced coffee! 

A few weekends back, the girls and I went to the opening of Christmas Square in Melbourne! This is actually known as City Square, however it transforms into a magical Christmas square in December. We watched as the real Christmas tree was lit for the first time this year. They also did a projection show onto the Town Hall building! It was amazing!

Check out the video of our Christmas Square experience: 


Melbourne has gone all out in Christmas decorations. The Myer (a department store) windows are decked out and play a puppet show from Jan Brett's book "Gingerbread Friends." People actually queue up for up to two hours to see the amazing window! I was lucky enough to go for a walk early in the morning and see them without waiting in a massive line.

Although I'm not sure what we are actually doing for Christmas, I've heard that the norm is BBQ and Beach so we just might have to do that!

Other than Christmas I am SO looking forward to January as the girls and I have booked in a 25 day adventure along the East Coast of Australia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment